Our 2019/2020 competition season is nearly upon us! Here is everything you’ll need to know:
- Competitions give date ranges, and we receive specific schedules and times 1-3 weeks before the actual event
- Generally speaking, each competition will take about 2 hours of time out of the day. Sometimes they land during school time, but rarely will a student miss an entire day of school.
Our 2019/2020 dates are below – specific times for our groups/solos are not yet confirmed, these will be emailed out when they are:
- TheOne Dance
- Location: Mission (Clark Theatre)
- Date: April 3-5
- The Vibe Dance
- Location: Kelowna
- Date: April 23-26
- Champions Dance
- Location: Mission (Clark theatre)
- Date: May 7-10
- Location: Chilliwack
- Date: May 28-30
A reminder that the group competitive rehearsals take place during their competitive class which is Wednesdays from 6-7pm. There is a make up and presentation over spring break, please take note of this date!
Date: Saturday, March 28
Kids’ Competitive and Independent Act Development Make-Up
Saturday, March 28
Bring your family and friends! This is a casual chance to practice performing in front of a supportive crowd before we begin competition and performance season.
We’re so excited to watch everyone perform, it’s going to be a great competition season!
For those curious about registering for competition for the 2020/2021 season, here are some things you’ll want to know!
- The competitive option operates as an additional class for intensive kids to take that occurs on Wednesdays
- The goal of the program is for the kids to learn to build and refine an act, as well as learn to take and apply constructive criticism.
- We compete at dance competitions under the acrobatic category
- There is no level requirement- if they are in pre-intensive or intensive programs, they are welcome to join.
- Students MUST be able to attend all competitions – competition dates to be determined for 2020/21
- Extra fees beyond base tuition include required tracksuit purchase (this one won’t ever change, so it is a one time purchase, except for sizing upgrades in the future), and competition fees (approximately $250 for the year).
- There will be a small costume deposit (~$25), as students will sign out Triumph costumes for the competition Season. Deposit will be returned when the costume is returned after the final competition.